Financial Aid

Getting Financial Support

In Alberta, there are two sources for student loans: The government of Canada and the Government of Alberta. You only need to use one application. The decision to allocate funds from the two programs will be made for you. If you are eligible, you may receive both Canada and Alberta Student Loans and you will have multiple loan payments.

Alberta Student Aid System

Alberta Student Aid or other provinces’ student aid applications are accepted in mid-June, check respective websites for the information and applications.

Click here to apply.

Apply for Loans and Grants

This provincial program was implemented to supplement assistance available to post-secondary Alberta students under the Canada Student Loan Program. Loans are based on financial need and are interest-free while the student attends a designated post-secondary institution full-time. Alberta Student Loans are a financial agreement between an individual and the Government of Alberta and must be repaid within a defined period of time.

Student Aid Alberta manages the program, processes the loan applications, determines student eligibility and provides funding.

Contact Alberta student loans:

Toll-free in North America: 1-855-606-2096

TTY for the hearing impaired: 1-855-306-2240



Applications and Forms

Apply for Alberta Scholarships

Learn more and get ready to apply for scholarships and awards at:

Canada (Federal) Student Loan

When you apply and qualify for student financial assistance, you are automatically assessed for Canada Student Loans. Government student loans are based on your assessed financial need.

Canada Student Loans are offered by the Government of Canada to help students pay for post-secondary education. It is offered to eligible full- and part-time post-secondary students in most provinces and territories.

Contact Canada student loans:

Toll-Free in North America: 1-888-815-4514

TTY for the hearing impaired: 1-888-815-4556


Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)

Funds from contributions to an RESP may be used to fund students attending CBTS&C. To withdraw money from an RESP, contact your RESP provider. They will ask to see official proof of enrollment before issuing the Educational Assistance Payment. They may also provide you with a list of allowable expenses that the money can be used for, or they may ask for receipts for school purchases to prove the money is being spent on allowable educational expenses. For more information see the Government of Canada website.

Student Employment

A limited number of part-time positions are available for students on campus.

Additionally, Rocky View and Wheatland Employment Services provide a wide range of employment-related services, guidance, resources and information to assist Albertans in making informed employment and career choices. All at no cost!

Contact Info

ACCREDITATION and partnerships

Government of Alberta

Recognized by the Province of Alberta. Accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS), click here to learn more, and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), learn more here.

© Canadian Baptist Theological Seminary & College 2024